Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Weekend of Mourning


The bridge that connects Kentucky to Madison Indiana.

Here are a few pictures from the last snow we had.




This grave site is in Bernheim Forest and contains the graves of a family from the mid-1800s. The earliest grave we saw was from 1840. The parents were born in 1804.

Another hike out at Bernheim Forest



This weekend was a weekend of mourning for us for two reasons. First, the girls and I took down our Christmas tree yesterday. It was finally starting to curl a little bit. Secondly, there are only 2 1/2 football games left in the season. As I am watching the Jets-Colts game right now, I look ahead with sadness, knowing there is but one more game today and one more game in two weeks. Maybe I'll start watching the Weather Channel for my Saturday afternoon down time!

The last two weeks have gone quickly, but they have been good ones. I have gotten a lot of reading done and have been able to get three of my books read before the start of the semester this week. This semester will have significantly more reading the last one. I am looking forward to my classes though. They should be good.

We have also had some good family time. We spent last Tuesday out at Bernheim Forest and then went for a nice drive in the country. The Tuesday before, Jess and I had a date day and went up to Madison Indiana and explored that area. Very pretty up there. The movie Madison was filmed there. Very unique little town with a lot of history. It is really neat living in an area where a lot of towns were established in the very early 1800s.

Last night we had a big thunderstorm. That was fun. A lot of lightning, big thunder, and heavy rain. The weather has dramatically changed, going from the mid twenties to the high fifties with rain. I'm praying for more snow!

Kate and Rose have been building a lot of puzzles. That is the new thing they are really enjoying. It is a good rainy day activity! They have also been building with their new Duplo blocks a lot. (Wooo hoo! The Colts just scored!) Kate has started reading this week. That has been fun. She is really eager to learn.

Yesterday was a very busy day cleaning and getting the house ready for the semester to start. So, today we are relaxing, watching football, playing Nintendo, and playing with the girls. It is a rainy day and very gray outside!

Well, my dinner is ready, so I better go! May the Lord bless you and keep you!

Blessings!

Shane

1 comment:

  1. We watched the game too and thought of you! I loved reading the blog and looking at the pics- thanks for doing this :-)
    Love, Mom and Dad Weatherby

    ReplyDelete