Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall in Full Swing



This picture was taken before this school year began. These are the books I read in my first year here at seminary.



We were able to finally go out and barbecue again! The summer has been very hot and so has the fall. We can't seem to consistently stay out of the 90's. I am told it has been a very unusual and very hot fall so far.

The following pictures are from the 2010 Fall Festival here at the seminary. Once again, it was a really fun time.






The fall is in full swing! I am only two weeks away from midterms. School is going well. So far, this semester has been extremely busy, but most of the business has come from things outside of classes. Classwork has been very consistent, but church and other things has been very busy and unpredictable. My classes have been very good and I am grateful for what I am learning this semester.

We are all doing well. The fall has been very hot and unusual. The trees are already beginning to turn because there has been very little rain. Unfortunately, there is little color and they are mainly going from green to brown. We keep looking forward to cooler weather but it just doesn't come! This week is supposed to be in the mid 90's.

I have been preparing to bowhunt whitetail deer. A good friend of mine gave me a great hunting bow so I have been practicing with it a lot. Bow season began the first weekend of September, but I have been waiting for cooler weather and more practice with the bow. Hopefully, I can begin hunting in October. Getting a couple of deer would really help our food bill.

Jess has began first grade with Kate and so far it is going really well. Jess really enjoys teaching and Kate really enjoys learning. The annual Fall Festival was last week and that was a great time. There were a lot of rides for the children as well as a lot of free food! It was a fun evening. There were a couple of live bluegrass bands as well that were very good.

Well, that is all for now!

Blessings,
Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment