Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thunderstorms and Frank Sinatra

Well, you may be wondering what on earth I am talking about with this random title. The other day, Shane took me on a wonderful date. He planned the whole thing, arranged childcare (yep, Aimee :), and I realized how crazy things are. He told me to get dressed up, and I thought we were staying home. Then I come out and Aimee is there, and I thought how fun, Aimee is going somewhere with us. We are all going out somewhere. Then as I sit there visiting with her I realize, we are going out, on a date. Aimee is there because Shane and I are leaving, duh! So we did indeed go out, and I am still so thankful for the Lord's provision to us, in friendship and help with the girls, with Aimee. We went to the big mall here. This is significant because, a- it is cheap being on a seminary budget, and b- it was what we did on our first date together in Portland OR. All this to say that we thought it would be fun, while there to look in a music store and further that because of all our musicals and classics we had been watching over the last three years that a double CD of Frank Sinatra would be fun, especially because it was crazy cheap. :) We had a great time and enjoyed uninterupted time to discuss the things we are learning here on this grand adventure.

So days later, this big thunderstorm is rolling in. The girls are in their bathing suits playing on our balcony and Shane and I are enjoying watching them and the storm come in while trying out our new CD. It was very nastalgic and peaceful. Hence the title of this post!

The Lord has provided three clients for me at the barn for riding lessons, and we continue to praise Him for His faithfulness and continue to pray for His provision. I am enjoying my 25 minute drive out of the city into the country to the barn and teaching the kids. It is great to still be around horses. The website if anyone is interested is www.emilyragan.com

I notice that my life has slowed down for my mind to notice that my heart misses everyone from home in Cali. I got quite emotional thinking of my twin brother, whom I lived 8 feet from and praying for Cornerstone brought many more tears. I was probably overly tired, but still, I do miss all of you.

The girls are well. There is a family fall festival this friday on campus. The girls are looking forward to that, especially because there will be fireworks too!

That is all for now. Pray for us, as we pray for you. May we all abide in Christ and glorify Him, always!

Jess

4 comments:

  1. thanks for posting the link to where you work! It was fun to see. Wow! What a nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your date sounds like fun. I am glad to hear that the Lord provided you with some clients. I will keep praying for you. We miss all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to hear Shane planned something for you. How romantic and to get some Sinatra, my favorite music. Everytime we get in the R.V. or set up when we camp we listen to our favorite Sinatra cd called Reprise. One of my favorites and is on my ringtone is Fly me to the moon, oh and The way you tonight. Anyway all of your adventures brings back memories of when me and Troy moved to Tennesssee. I wish we could do it again. Enjoy your time it is so special. I miss you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got some tears welling up on this end of the states as well, dear Jess. We miss you so much. This morning I took my niece a bday present to Morro and passed Toro Creek Road and prayed for you all. The pics and posts are soooo sweet. Thank you for taking the time to share all that the Lord is doing. I'm sending some pics out to you, along with some little treaures found at garage sales for the girls. What joy to see pics of all you and hear about all that is the Lord is doing. May we never cease to marvel and wonder at the goodness of this amazing God!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete